Challenge Issued: Paper Canvas Tapestries Collaborations
Happy Valentines’ Week!
I thought I’d kick of today’s post with a love-themed video; Sand Art by the talented Ilana Yahav – this is part of the SandFantasy series titled “Love 2008”. Take a deserved break and enjoy.
Wasn’t that just amazing? I am always mesmerised with what she creates; hard work certainly pays eventually. 🙂 Speaking of hard work, I have some exciting news to share; yikici turns one years on 15th March 2012 (yes I know -how cool is that?); I did not realise how quickly the past year went by -it’s been super speedy. So I have been thinking what I could do to celebrate it -then it hit me, since I LOVE collaborating (no pun intended), I thought it would be fitting to celebrate yikici’ paper anniversary with a collaborated challenge (you all game? I hope so).
I want us to write a story together. How? Just like any other Flash Fiction Challenge; but with a slight twist (I can’t help myself); we will each write a paragraph (no more than 250 words per entry) to the on-going story (which will start below and continue in the comment section/linky list, I will create a page to collate all the entries.). Once we finish this rather exciting online project, I hope to publish our collected works in an eBook -either market it for free or put it on sale for a worthy cause, I usually choose children charities; but we can decide the final outcome all together once the project is completed.
What do you say? Are you in? Alrighty. 😀 Here’s the 3 (+1, just because an anniversary is coming up) images I have chosen for this challenge; I hope it gets your creative juices going; be inspired by one or more -the choice is yours.
- Leave a comment below to say you are taking part (I will contact you and give you your number which will show where you are on the list and when your turn is due).
- Want to enter more than once? You sure can, just make sure you come back and leave another comment below and I’ll allocate you with the next number on the list. (Who says I’m not fair.) 😀
- Your entry must be 250 words (no more).
- Any genre goes (providing it’s not explicit; we at yikici have a PG rating to observe).
- When it’s your turn write a post with your entry on your blog and add it to the linky list below (if you do not have a blog, you can email me at [admin (at) yikici (dot) co (uk)] with your entry or add it to the comments box below. I will post it on your behalf.
- Duration: I’ll keep this open for three months and check-in each month to see how we are fairing.
- Prizes? A HUGE thank you for participating & also hopefully publishing that eBook for exposure of your good work -it couldn’t get better than that right? 😀
If you want to help me organise this project or just want to hop-on-board to oversee if all is going along to plan, then please give me a shout in the comments below, contact me via Twitter @ozlemyikici or email me. Any questions? Contact me. 🙂
I’ll be back on Sunday with a special Savvy Salutations’ on little moi -I’ve been tagged by two campaigners, so I thought Savvy Sunday’s would be appropriate. 😉 There will also be a ROW80 update and new goals as well as the new craze we are finding out; curious? Pop by on Sunday and see what treats are in the bag for you. 😀
*yikici has signed out and on the hunt for a cup of tea*
Should you want to add this linky list to you post, please click here.
Copyright © Ozlem Yikici 2011 – 2012. All Rights Reserved (in conjunction with the Creative Commons License).
As you already know, thoughts and comments are encouraged as always -even if it is just a word -as ‘all good discussions start with just one word‘.
If there is a topic you would like me to look into and explore in my own yikici-kind-of-way then please feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment box below or for those of you who are a wee bit shy drop me a line via my contact page or email me at admin[at]yikici[dot]co[dot]uk
About the author: Creative from the word go, an artist at heart – writer, poet, photographer, blogger... I am currently working on my first novel Becoming – Mystical Realisations and I have also started some research for my novella (currently does not have a title). Read more from this author