A Story… Looking Good on the ROW80 Front
After my odd week last week -and my realisation of what was going on on Monday (if you haven’t read Monday’s post, do so as I had an epiphany on how powerful our mind can be and how it can affect our daily lives) the past two day has been relatively productive. This change in the breeze is a welcome relief.
I’ve visited and commented on all my allocated team for Sunday’ check-in (a promise is a promise). *yay* I’ve written two blog posts (including this one), a guest blog post for Rance Denton over at The Action Prose and added 240 words to Our Story Begins; here’s a snippet:
Gina stared at the text for what seemed like the millionth time; her heart crashed every millisecond as she re-read the words; her brain expanded then warped, the text became a tad too hazy –oh and her head screamed at her. Gina closed her eyes to focus; her breath became ragged as she realised there was no change in the electronic words displayed on her iPhone.
“Babe I miss you…”
(For the rest and what came before, head on over to DiRosaYikici.)
My New ROW80 Goals for the Next Week and a Half is:
I’ve come across a few ROW80’er bloggers who have SMART goals; therefore, I thought I’d use their tactic and see how I fair this week –fingers-crossed it works.
- Blog: Write and schedule in five blog posts by Sunday 5th February 2012.
- WIP: Type up the longhand I wrote on my WIP a few weeks ago & finalise the short stories I am going to work on. I’ll aim for a minimum of 200 words per day and see how I fair.
- As a Sponsor: Continue to visit my allocated team and cheer cheer cheer (if you’d like to ask anything about your goals etc., please feel free to contact me or any of the other fab sponsors). Want to cheer the fab ROW80′ers too? Click here and ensure you’re heard.
- Artwork: Allocate one hour a day on my unfinished triptych I started a few years ago.
- Exercise: 30-45 minutes per day –be it a brisk walk in the park or yoga-based exercises at home.
- Social Media: Visit Twitter, Facebook & Google+ three times a day; spending no more than 30 mins at a time. Read three blogs a day (except the days I cheer my ROW80’ers).
- ROW80/Writing Buddy: I’m looking for a ROW80/writing buddy –just so I can be accountable for my goals as I have noticed some days are harder to stick to my goals than any other –so if you fancy pairing up with me in order for us to egg each other on then please contact me or leave a comment (whichever suits you). Let’s make 2012 a year to remember!
I will revise this at my next check-in, which is Sunday 5th February. I hope to catch up with you all then –and my team sooner; see ya all then, stay positive and don’t forget to SMILE.
In the meantime; if you want to catch up with any of the past articles here at yikici then please click here. I will be back on Friday with my theory and findings on the Fun Game – In Your Head; for the ever curious please pop back then and have a read. Before I disappear here’s that unfinished painting I plan to work on this week (let’s hope I do work on it; or else it’ll stay forever like this!).
So, Friday; be here as well as be good. Ta-raaa for now.
Copyright © Ozlem Yikici 2011-2012 & Copyright © doodllz™ 2011-2012. All Rights Reserved.
As you already know, thoughts and comments are encouraged as always -even if it is just a word -as ‘all good discussions start with just one word’.
If there is a topic you would like me to look into and explore in my own yikici-kind-of-way then please feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment box below or for those of you who are a wee bit shy drop me a line via my contact page or email me at admin[at]yikici[dot]co[dot]uk
Care to join me for some collaborative work or want to be a guest blogger? If so, email me at the above address.
Here’s the rest of the ROW80′er crew
About the author: Creative from the word go, an artist at heart – writer, poet, photographer, blogger... I am currently working on my first novel Becoming – Mystical Realisations and I have also started some research for my novella (currently does not have a title). Read more from this author