I’m Baaaaack -with a ROW80′er Sponsor Promise
Helloooooo there my dearest readers -oh how I missed you all (thank you all for your understanding & patience whilst I took a much-needed break away to recharge and focus on my family and me). This time away has given me valuable moments to sit and reflect on what matters in my life and this nearly had me staying away for good (I plan to write in more detail about this over the next few weeks). In the last two months I realised I needed to balance all my needs so I can be a better, well-functioning, well-rounded person and hence, here I am with some much-needed changes so my working day routine and life works harmoniously for me. This in itself makes it a perfect way to start ROW80 2012 (Round one).
ROW80 2012… My New Year Resolutions Goals
Sponsoring: It’s that time again, ROW80 2012 has officially kicked off and this time I’m going to tackle ROW80 differently; firstly I’m a sponsor (yay!) and so I plan to visit my designated team and cheer them along and part with some words of wisdom so please keep a lookie-outie for when I grace your lovely blogs.
Blog: To avoid the massive blogosphere-burn-out-syndrome I will be aiming to post two blog articles a week (if I am up to it and have time to spare, then an extra post here and there may materialise; but I’ll not be focusing too much on making that happen as I plan to start 2012 stress-free. I do not want a repeat of last year’s panic attacks). Saturday I will unveil my new blog schedule.
WIP: By the end of ROW80 2012 (round one) I want to be in a position where I am in the process of publishing an ebook (a compilation of short stories). To start this off, over the next few weeks I will select 8-11 stories which I hope to edit until it’s nearly perfect.
- Before I went AWOL I had a few articles planned that I never managed to complete and post; therefore I intend to sort them out and post them as initially planned:
- Fun Game – It’s in Your Head.
- Guest blog posts and Author Interviews I was arranging before I vanished; there’s a few people I need to get back to therefore, I will be contacting them and scheduling their articles in the relevant Friday/Sunday slot.
- Catch-up on my emails (there’s a few).
- My Critique buddies and I need to have a catch-up (email me if I don’t get round to emailing you first).
- I never managed to finish that beta-reading I signed up for; therefore I plan to complete that by the end of January.
ROW80 Related Aims:
- Create a ROW80 page under the Social Interactions menu.
- Provide weekly/fortnightly updates (depending how stretched I am).
- Visit my allocated team and do what we ROW80′ers are best at doing: Cheer, Cheer, Cheer!
- Write an Inspirational post by the end of this week.
If you want to cheer or see who’s participating this round click here and investigate!
Has life thrown you a wobbly too? Do you feel you need to take a step back and put other priorities back into your life? How are you managing to make your goals for ROW80 work for you? Any tips/advice you would like to share? Would love to hear from you.
This is me for now, I’ll be back on Saturday with a new revised blog schedule, until then have a wondrous couple of days.
Copyright © Ozlem Yikici 2011 & Copyright © doodllz™ 2011. All Rights Reserved.
As you already know, thoughts and comments are encouraged as always -even if it is just a word -as ‘all good discussions start with just one word‘.
If there is a topic you would like me to look into and explore in my own yikici-kind-of-way then please feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment box below or for those of you who are a wee bit shy drop me a line via my contact page or email me at admin[at]yikici[dot]co[dot]uk
Care to join me for some collaborative work or want to be a guest blogger? If so, email me at the above address.
About the author: Creative from the word go, an artist at heart – writer, poet, photographer, blogger... I am currently working on my first novel Becoming – Mystical Realisations and I have also started some research for my novella (currently does not have a title). Read more from this author