Awards? -Aww *Blushes* -You Shouldn’t Have!
Saturday’s Showcase Sketches: I am at a loss for words… I ventured into the blogging world mid-March (15th March 2011 to be exact) my first post was aptly called Heya -what can I say -it was my first post that stepped out into vast unknown! I digress! I thought I had been blogging for four months or so; I have just realised (now that I have done the calculations!) it was three months on 15th June 2011! Therefore, to be awarded ‘The Versatile Blogger‘ award by Sonia G Medeiros and The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award by Walking The Pattern has made me quite humble and I am touched to be considered for such credit in such a short time; Walking The Pattern & Sonia -a HUGE Thank You is going your way -THANK YOU!
It is true what Sonia says in her post on the community; blogging is a community -one I was not aware of until now! So it makes sense to acknowledge great bloggers -this is why I accept the award and am happy to follow the following rules/conditions of the award:*
(As always there is a pdf document at the bottom of the post for those who may find this a difficult read.)
To Validate the Award; the Following has to be Observed & Actioned:
- Thank and link your post to awarder (Achieved -see above).
- List 7 things about yourself. (Oooer -I must put on thinking cap!)
- Pass the word on to 15 other bloggers (I’m not sure if I know 15 bloggers -but I will do my best to list those whose blogs I visit regularly and enjoy the content).
Seven Things about Moi:
- Asides from writing; I love to paint (as in Art & Paintings) -oils in particular; I consider myself more of an artist than a writer -I guess that’s mainly for the fact that I studied Fine Art with Related Arts more than anything else; still Artist has a lovely ring to it -so an Artist I am!
- I am very particular in how my tea is brewed -especially when making English Tea; (it needs to be the right colour consistency and needs adequate milk for taste) therefore in most instances I volunteer to make my own tea -it would be a shame if I have to tip the tea away if not brewed properly!
- When writing I subconsciously miss out small (sometimes big) words -I do not notice the missed words if I read it back in my head -therefore, I have to read what I have written out loud when editing in order to spot these missed words; they can be terrors to find! I am certain you will spy these ‘omissions’ at times -when you do (notice how I am certain of this); do let me know so I can make the required corrections. -I also have a tendency to switch letters or digits around such as: hello = helol or 1976 = 1967 I eventually work out the misspelt word however; the digits prove a challenge -especially if it is a telephone number -can you see the wrong dialled numbers in your mind?!!
- I have been known to slip in Turkish words in sentences when speaking to someone in English and vice versa! Sometimes I get the sense that that word is ‘English’ or ‘Turkish’ -it’s only when the recipient is baffled by my talk do I realise something is at foot -you have been warned!
- I’m a people’s person; I love chatting and engaging with most people -though public speaking is something I favour less; it brings out a nervous side that I cannot control -I think this may have been heightened more when I was part of a presentation group at University and had to dress up in a jesters outfit as I was the only person who could fit into it (being 5 foot has its advantages and disadvantages!). To top it all; I had the longest speech and the squeakiest voice (that’s how it sounded to me) -pair that with my fear -I read it in super-speed; needless to say I try my best to avoid such scenarios.
- I currently work in Social Care (Support Worker for the elderly and vulnerable adults); a job which is varied and keeps me on my toes with the colourful customers I engage with; it is a job I love and cherish dearly however, the last 2-3 years has caused me undue stress and has caused negative impact and implications on my health; now I am having to consider alternative career paths for myself. Sometimes what you love is not always good for you. I am hoping writing will not become like that as it has literally become my saviour these past few months! Another reason why I am loving the award Sonia and Walking The Pattern has given me -Thank you!
- On a positive note; my claim to fame (if you want to call it that): During my retail years (I am lucky to have worked with some of the best: TopShop/TopMan, Daisy & Tom, Selfridges & Harrods) I have served several stars -including A-listers -here’s a few names: Isla Fisher (seen at Top Shop), Patsy Palmer (served at Daisy & Tom), Cat Deeley (served at Selfridges), Martin Kemp (served at Selfridges), Angelina Jolie (served at Selfridges) and Pierce Brosnan (served at Harrods) amongst others -I may write a post solely on this in the near distant future; I need to ponder a bit more and see if I want to share my experiences…
So that’s a sneak peek into moi! Now for choosing 15 bloggers for this delightful award…
The Lucky and Very Talented Irresistibly Sweet Versatile Bloggers:
- Manon Eileen – Manon Eileen
- Sara Grambusch’ Blog – Sarasexpletives
- Stacy Green – Stacy Green
- Kenneth ‘Ken’ Broad – Fictional Campfire & Otherside of 40
- Billie Jo Woods – Out of the Woods
- Val Erde – Absurd Old Bird (subject to acceptance)**
- Anne Mhari Simpson – Anne-Mhari Simpson
- Violeta Nedkova – Lyn Midnight
- PW Creighton – PW Creighton
- M.E. Anders – MEAnderFits
- Amber West – Wosushi
That’s all I can muster now (I’m too tired) -besides I prefer number 11 to 15!
A little note to the lovely selected bloggers above; this award has taken a form of mutation; where these are two separate awards, I have decided to amalgamate them into one award (hence The Irresistibly Sweet Versatile Blog Award). Now listen up, this is your chance to choose the award you want (if any); you can take the combined award as it is; or if you prefer to be considered as a Versatile Blogger or just an Irresistibly Sweet Blogger; then that is fine too; you will just have to go to the respected blogs to pick up the related image/award for your post.
*I know not everyone likes getting these awards; especially when they have conditions attached to them; a somewhat chain letteresque -well, more like a chain award feel. Therefore, if you ignore it I will understand (well I will try to understand); but will secretly hope you will be overjoyed to receive the award(s). All in all; I believe this a fun way of acknowledging the hard work bloggers do (and blogging is hard work!). So thank you all for delightful readings.
**Before I disappear; I wanted to reach out to Val Erde over at Absurd Old Bird; I know you have moments where you love and hate awards so I will not hand this over if you do not want it; I just wanted to let you know I think you blog is fab and enjoy visiting when time allows me to do so.
pdf document: Awards -Aww Blushes -You Shouldn’t Have
About the author: Creative from the word go, an artist at heart – writer, poet, photographer, blogger... I am currently working on my first novel Becoming – Mystical Realisations and I have also started some research for my novella (currently does not have a title). Read more from this author